Followers

Thursday, August 26, 2010

The light

Its like some days I need a reminder of the hell to appreciate the quiet.
I remember the nights and days I cried and wished for this to be over
.. someway ..some how..
and yet I remember the nights that I wouldn't give up with out a fight to keep you in my life.
It was an intoxicating and poisoning relationship.
i was turning in to a masochist for love..
a love that I never received..
A love that you may have been incapable of.

And even though there were days where I saw your damage ,
I still held on waiting for you to see the light .
and now that your gone ..
.I hold on to myself..
Days where that doesn't feel like its enough I try to remind myself of the punishment i endured.
How you took a chance for you ..
not for us ..
and how when you lost your balance you let go..
never to try again..
making one perceive like you were practicing when you were probably plotting ..
There's a word for people like you ..
But i wont let it leave my lips..
Leaving like a thief in the night .. now finding traces of your presence does nothing but open scars..
But Im supposed to be the strong one.
amd they say .God doesn't  give one more than they can handle..
phrasing likes that leaving me to question ..
 I dont wish you the worst .. because Karma will handle what is needed.. I
may sleep alone.. but I'm content in knowing that.
Trying not to be hurt or angry
. because now I am free..
Given a opportunity to grow.
 Funny .. Thats what you said..
but no one was bringing you down..
Wanting to show you all life has to offer you stayed inside ..a recluse from the world..
Amazing how you take the last three years of our life and shake it away in your etch a sketch like it was never written.
You can have your tabula Rasa..
cause I still know you know the truth
who needs proof?
Not I as i stare at boxes being prepared to relocate  

Maybe when its all said and done.. 

there will be sun ..

and if even if there's not .. 

there will be light ..
And when there's light ... 

there is no fight ..
and I am good with that ..

No comments: