Followers

Monday, July 12, 2010

The 10th ..

The 10th

So he grabs my hand and says.. I promise.. .. Think about it ..
and 10 times a day I get 143, and 823's on my T900 pager..
and 10 times a day he says I promise .. Think about it..
On the 10th when you come of the plane...  , your mine..
I'll be who they weren't.  I promise ... Think about it..
So I did..
and we did..
So on the 10th for 10 x 10 weeks straight there were flowers and cards
saying Thank you for thinking about it.. I promise I love you
and on the 10th the same would repeat ..
we would take 10 trips to the water..
eat at JOEYS 10 times.. for every special occasion and every anniversary ..
it was the 10th.. it was our promise .. cause we thought about it ..
Almost 10 years deep of back and forth thinking and broken promises
he grabs my hand and says I'm leaving .. but wait for me .. I'll be back ..
Think about it ... I promise..
I ask when will you be home.. he replies the 10th .. I promise either way..
I promise I'll be a better man for you ..
I weep , yet agree.. " please call me before 10 am and before 10 Pm .."
I thought about it .. he promised..
10 days to the 10th he calls.." I'm sorry , I cant ,, "
BUT YOU PROMISED..
So what began on the 10th and what survived on the 10th died on the 10th ..
almost 10 days have passed.. no word.. no promises..
Maybe I do have a lot to think about ... 

No comments: