Followers

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Fractured

Fracture. well maybe just a small part.
But broken none the less.
Flawless .. Never.. But now my once joyful soul is a tad quieter then before.
The hills are no longer alive with the sound of music.
They are ash and soot. I will walk along with my head held high, saying.. It may be painful ,... but it’s worth it.
Knowing what makes me.. Nothing should break me.. But I'm fractured.
My ego has a chip on its shoulder.. History often does repeat itself.
And the DJ said one more time for the play boys in the back..
If it were a hip-hop beat.. It was sampled.
Unfortunately.. I wrote the first track too.
Thoughts of my Sunday kinda love on a Monday just isn't sitting right
Keeping it in the shadows.. Not trying to see the light.
I'm focused .. But what..
It’s impossible.. Or is it just tough..
If the road to hell is paved with good intentions perhaps I'm on a path to purgatory
Because I'm stuck. I need to not give a fuck..
Envying the women who just walk away..
Wondering if it’s real or a front..
God just grant me an ounce of that to smile in the face of despair
Because I need to get it together.. And get the hell up outta here.. 

No comments: